Team Select Is Excited To Offer The Family Home Health Aide Program To Medically Fragile Families In Indiana!
The Family CNA Program, commonly referred to as the Family Home Health Aide (HHA) Program in Indiana, is now available for medically fragile families in IN, allowing parents and legal guardians of medically fragile children can now apply for this program and training through our teams at Team Select!
Through the Family HHA Program, parents and legal guardians of medically fragile children can become a Home Health Aide to care for their loved ones, and at no cost to them or the state. By becoming an HHA, parents and legal guardians can work through a home health agency, like Team Select, and get paid to care for their loved one.
What does a Home Health Aide (HHA) do?
An HHA provides care for children and young adults who require full-time, around-the-clock care. HHAs perform their daily tasks under the guidance of a doctor and are the “eyes and ears” for nurses and physicians.
Benefits of Becoming an HHA:
- Ensure your loved one is cared for safely, appropriately and with your personal touch
- A reliable way to have health care assistance in the home that provides an income to your family
- Having consistent care for your loved one at home creates a stable living environment
With the Family HHA Program, Indiana families in need can have continuous family-centered support from Team Select.
Your Loved One Might Quality for HHA Care If…
- Patient to have a chronic diagnosis, medically complex needs, or be in need of assistive care support in the home.
- Patient must be eligible to receive the service through qualifying insurance.
- Medically complex diagnosis examples include, but are not limited to:
What are Family HHA Program Qualifications?
In order to qualify, one must:
- Complete the free Family Home Health Aide Program training provided by Team Select; or be listed in good standing on the Indiana Home Health Aide or CNA registry in lieu of training.
- Be able to provide or obtain TB test, drug screening, background check, and CPR certification (Team Select will help coordinate these requirements).
Location for the Family HHA Program Education
Training will take place at our Indianapolis office location at 8335 Allison Point Trail Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46250 and we service all of Central Indiana. Training meets the requirements of Federal and State regulations, and the individual will be registered as a Home Health Aide under Indiana Code 16-27-1.5
Read our full FAQ’s at www.tshc.com/becomeafamilycaregiver/.
If you and your family are currently going through training to become an HHA in Indiana, we would love to hear from you! Post on social media and tag us @teamselect using #FHHAProgram #ParentHHA #TeamSelectFamily.