California Family Certified Home Health Aide Program
The Family CHHA Program, nationally referred to as the Family CNA Program, is now available for medically fragile families in California.
Through the Family Certified Home Health Aide Program, parents and legal guardians of medically fragile children can become a Home Health Aide for their loved ones at no cost through our HHA Training.
Benefits of Becoming a Family home Health Aide
Ensure your loved one is cared for safely, appropriately, and with your personal touch.
The Family CHHA Program creates a reliable approach to care in the home.
Creates care consistency and continuity to promote stability, for patients and their families.
The Family CHHA Program provides family-centered, ongoing support.
Your loved one might qualify for HHA care if...
- They have Medi-Cal insurance.
- They have chronic diagnosis/medically complex needs.
- Hands-on assistance is required to safely complete activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, feeding, grooming, toileting/incontinence care, transfers or repositioning.
- Your child is 0-20 years of age, and all requirements of home care and payor source are met. For those 21+, individuals must be qualified through Medicaid's Waiver Programs that provide home and community-based support to allow people with disabilities to remain in their homes and communities.
Complete the free Family Certified Home Health Aide Program training provided by Team Select or be listed in good standing on the California Home Health Aide or CNA registry in place of training.
This depends on the individual's needs, diagnosis, and qualifications. This will vary from part-time to full-time opportunities.
Diagnosis examples include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain injury
- Spinal injury
- Seizure disorder
- ...and other chronic conditions.
If you are interested in becoming a trained caregiver for your loved one with the Family CHHA Program in California, please contact Team Select for an evaluation. Once qualified, Team Select will coordinate with the parent or legal guardian to become a certified, trained caregiver for their loved one. After certification, the parent or legal guardian can then onboard with Team Select as an Certified HHA.
Fill out the form to get started with the Family Certified Home Health Aide Program today!