Finding the right home health care agency is one of the most important decisions you’ll make for you or your loved one. Before you make that decision, consider interviewing multiple caregivers and agencies. To make things easier, we’ve compiled a list of 25 frequently asked questions that will help you get the answers you need to make an educated decision.
Interviews are one of the best ways to get to know who you’re hiring. Agencies or caregivers that can’t answer your questions in a timely fashion or who refuse to answer them all together aren’t the ones you want left alone with the person you care about. You’ll want a caregiver that’s transparent, educated, skilled, and caring. The questions related to compliance, safety, care and finances that are listed below should give you a great start.
This is an evolving and ongoing process that helps prevent fraud, waste, and abuse. Compliance with State, Federal and accreditation guidelines, rules, and regulations is imperative. Here are a few questions on compliance to consider:
- Are you certified by Medicare and Medicaid?
- Are your caregivers bonded and insured through your agency?
- What are your privacy practices?
- May I have a copy of them?
The following questions can help you assess the hiring process of an agency and procedures for dismissal.
- What process do you use to hire and assess your caregivers?
- What does your pre-employment screening look like?
- Do you have additional screenings each year?
- How do you evaluate your caregivers?
- How often do you evaluate your caregivers?
- What training do you provide to your caregivers?
- What is the process for reporting non-compliance?
- Give me an example of a time when you fired a caregiver?
- How do you respond to emergencies?
- May I have 2-3 references?
Ask these questions to determine if you’re comfortable with the level of care provided.
- What specific services do you provide?
- Has your agency won any notable awards?
- Will my parent have the same caregiver every time?
- What happens if the caregiver doesn’t show up on time or at all?
- What if my parent doesn’t approve of the caregiver or wants a new one?
- My parents prefer to have someone with similar interests as they do, can I make special requests?
Ask questions related to finances so that you’re prepared when the bill arrives.
- How likely is it that Medicare Part A will cover my parent’s home health care?
- What insurance plans do you accept?
- Do you submit claims to the insurance agency or am I expected to do so?
- What’s included?
- What expenses are excluded?
This list isn’t all inclusive, but it’s a great start. You’ll want to make sure you have all of your questions answered and feel comfortable with the agency or caregiver’s experience, competence, and level of care. We’d be happy to answer these questions for you. Give us a call today.